Peterson router jig

Greg Newell gnewell@EN.COM
Sat, 13 Jun 1998 23:17:39 +0000

On Sat, 13 Jun 1998 20:42:13 -0400, Kevin R. Aldrich wrote:

>Dear LIst,
>
>Has anyone out there tried the Peterson router jig for resurfacing keys?
>Any comments?  As advertized in the classifieds in the Piano Technicians
>Journal.
>
>Kevin Aldrich
>Aldrich Pianos
>Troy, NY

Kevin,
	I recently bought one and I just used it for my first set of
keys.  I offer the following;  don't think it's ready right out of
the box.  I like the overall concept of the tool but it's built
rather poorly.  I would have liked to see more quality construction
that would hold up better.  It definitely needed for me to go thru
and readjust all the fixed rails and stops for the squareness.  It's
a good idea but just not fully implimented.  I wished someone would
have told me before I wound up with a set of keys I wish I did
better.
					Greg Newell
Greg and Mary Ellen Newell
Greg's Piano Forte`