Knabe agraffes

Tom Cole tcole@cruzio.com
Mon, 15 Jun 1998 17:01:58 -0700

Mike Masters wrote:

> Howdy list,
>
> I have a customer with a 1924 Knabe grand with a broken bi-chord
> agraffe. None of my replacements fit 1/4" standard or american thread or
> 7/32". Anyone have any idea what size thread is used? Knabe/PianoDisc
> was no help. Thanks in advance.

Mike,

I once had a problem with agraffes not fitting. The new ones I bought
from Schaff were the same size but would not fit because the thread type
was different. There were two thread "starts" (one at twelve o'clock and
one at six) instead of the usual one, such that, even though they looked
like they had the same number of threads per inch and would mesh with
the old ones, the new agraffes would start to bind after about half a
turn.

All I'm saying is that if you look at the thread area _very_ closely,
you might discover something.

Tom
--
Thomas A. Cole RPT