What would YOU do?

Carl Root rootfamily@erols.com
Tue, 16 Jun 1998 07:59:58 -0400

PDtek@aol.com wrote:

> > > Last Saturday a man called me.  He just moved into the area from a large
> >  > city and is looking for an RPT to service his Kawai console
>
> Statements like this one really puzzle me. Maybe its because the guild has
> more of a presence in some areas than others, but in fifteen years of full
> time tuning for everyone from private residences, to universities, to the
> opera, to large concerts, never once has anyone EVER asked me if I was a
> member of the guild, let alone an RPT.

Most of us mention PTG and/or RPT in all ads, forms, cards, etc.  They
don't have to ask; they will probably assume you're not if it's not
mentioned.  Some RPTs promote PTG almost as much as themselves so that
if the client leaves the area or looks for another technician for any
reason, they are much more likely to request an RPT.

I've noticed an increase in inquiries about my RPT status in recent
years.  I'm not sure why.

Carl