Equal-Beating Victorian Temperament

Orlando Fiol fiol@bway.net
Wed, 17 Jun 1998 02:10:33 -0500

Dear Bill,

Thanks so much for posting your "historical" Victorian beating temperament.
 Your statement about ethics at the end of your post lead me, out of
curiosity, to ask what you would do if a customer specifically asked you to
tune in ET?  Would you use an HT and not tell them?  Turn down the work due
to the annoyance it might cause your ears, now accustomed to HTs?  Also,
how does your temperament relate to sixth comma meantone?  It sounds to me
like much of it is similar.  It also sounds like your temperament is
similar to Werk-3, with the exception of more consistent fourths and
fifths.  Please, do let me know if I'm way off the mark on this one.

Thanks,
Orlando Fiol