Fundamentals

Unknown rls@ncinter.net
Wed, 17 Jun 1998 22:03:24 -0400

Dear list,
     This Sunday at our local chapter meeting we employed an RCT to =
analyze the partials in the low bass on my 1911 S & S "O".  The graph =
showed absolutely no fundamental on the lowest 1 1/2 octaves.  One of =
our members who works at the local Story & Clark factory suggested that =
there might be a problem with the downbearing at the back side of the =
bass bridge.  Keep in mind that this piano had a new board and bridges =
installed by New York Piano Center 3 years ago.  I always felt the low =
bass was very thin sounding.  Any ideas?

Thanks, =20
Bob Sadowski
Erie, PA