Knabe agraffes... a couple thoughts

Wed, 17 Jun 1998 21:30:35 -0700

Robert B Edwardsen wrote:

> > Del
>
>   How often do agraffes break when removing them?  That has always been my concern and for
> that reason have always left them in the plate and resurfaced and deburred  them.
>
> Rob

Almost never. We're pretty careful with them. We thread them on a wire to keep them in order.
Note which agraffes have spacing washers under them. Clean any excess paint out the hole
before threading them back in. Putting a drop of light machine oil on the tip of the threads
before screwing them back in. Etc.

It is my preference to replace them, but this is not always possible -- at least not always
practical.

Del