Twist again, etc.

nobody4u@alone.com nobody4u@alone.com
Fri, 19 Jun 1998 18:32:45 -0700

WRT Jim Coleman's comment that a Dampp-Chaser would help, I wonder how
that installation would work, Jim. First of all, I'm assuming you're
referring to a DEhumidifier. Where would you place it? Under the keybed?
I've placed rods in that location in hopes of stabilizing the keyframe.
Would that placement effectively reach up to the action? And where would
you place the humidistat? I have also seen rods attached to the key
frame, placed directly above the keys. I have never tried this, but I
have observed weak tuning pins and loose action screws in the cases of
this placement that I have seen. I must add that in none of these cases
was the rod connected, nor was there any evidence of a humidistat. The
lack of a humidistat would be the major problem, to my thinking. But the
question I still have is where does the humidistat go?

I guess the other possibility is to place the rods under the s.b. per
the traditional installation. Personally, I don't think that this
placement will affect the action cavity at all. Several weeks ago, David
Pitsch offered a contrary opinion, but under questioning he dropped out
of the discussion, unless I've missed some postings.

Anyway, this is an interesting problem, and I would like to hear some
ideas from the list.

Bob Anderson
Tucson, AZ