Twist again, etc.

Keith McGavern kam544@ionet.net
Fri, 19 Jun 1998 21:03:09 -0500 (CDT)

>Bob Anderson
>Tucson, AZ
> ...I have also seen rods attached to the key
>frame, placed directly above the keys. I have never tried this, but I
>have observed weak tuning pins and loose action screws in the cases of
>this placement that I have seen. I must add that in none of these cases
>was the rod connected, nor was there any evidence of a humidistat...

>From Webb Phillips literature:
"When putting rod in the action locate just above the keys, push peg on eah
side, use a separate control and locate it level with the music desk by #1
bass string."  (8 watt rod max)

This should prevent what you have observed Bob.

Keith A. McGavern
kam544@ionet.net
Registered Piano Technician
Oklahoma Chapter 731