2000 problem help

harvey harvey@greenwood.net
Sat, 20 Jun 1998 17:48:54 -0400

James,

I'm explaining this blind, without being in Access, but quickly off the top
try
this:

Your #1: Play around with footers (page, report, etc.) to generate summary
information and to keep that information consistently in the same place. You
should be able to do most of this from drop-down menus or the Tools bar in
either forms or reports.

Your #2: The dash '-'  in your phone number is not a number, it's a dash.
Change your phone number field types to text, then you can manipulate them any
way you like.

At 07:49 AM 6/20/98 -0500, you wrote:
>You have said you are using Access.  A few questions if you can help me.
>1.  I have set up the DB with the fields of name, address, Zip, date,
>phone, piano, work done, call back, and total charges.  I have set the
>weekly report to show name, phone, and date, and amount.  It lines up those
>things in columns but I cannot figure out what to do to give a sum of the
>charges column at the bottom.  Do you have a suggestion?
>2.  In my field with phone numbers I have it classed as a numbers type ,
>not text.  It will take the 7 numbers but rejects the dash in-between.  Any
>suggestions?

Jim Harvey, RPT
harvey@greenwood.net