Computer poll

Jeannie Grassi jgrassi@silverlink.net
Sun, 21 Jun 1998 17:42:47 -0700

Well Jim, I take it you are willing to respond?  Here are the questions: (No
fair looking on Gina's paper for the correct answers)
Thank you for offering to help with my informal survey.  In order for me to
keep all the responses in order, please respond in the order below.  If you
want, you may intersperse your answers in between my questions.  Otherwise,
please number them appropriately. Thanks for your participation.
Jeannie

1.	What type of computer do you have (Mac or IBM clone) and what additional
hardware or peripherals do you use with it?

2.	How long have you been making use of your computer for business purposes?

3.	When was the last time you upgraded your system?

4.	If you use a word processing program, which one is it and what sort of
things do you use it for?

5.	Do you use your computer for bookkeeping? If so, what program do you use?

6.	How do you keep track of customer records?

7.	Do you send reminders through your computer and, if so, how are these
lists
generated?

8.	In addition to your computer files, do you also use index cards a/o paper
records to carry with you into the customer’s home?

9.	Do you use your computer for billing customers?  Do you print invoices?
If so which program do you use for these activities?

10.	Do you do such things estimates and  appraisals, etc. from your
computer?  What program(s) do you use for such reports?

11.	Do you publish a newsletter from your computer and what method do you
use?

12.	Do you use a spread sheet for any of the above tasks?

13.	Do you use a program for scheduling appointments a/o a Personal
Information
Manager?

14.	Do you track shop work and tasks on your computer?

15.	Can you think of any other valuable ways your computer has helped you in
your piano service business?

Jeannie Grassi, RPT
jgrassi@silverlink.net
Bainbridge Island, WA