Extra parts?

Edward Carwithen musicman@eoni.com
Mon, 22 Jun 1998 10:48:53 -0700

  I tuned a fairly new Samick grand a couple of days ago.  There was some
minor work that required removing the action.  On top of the keys was a
small dowel that appeared to be hammer shank stock, except that it was
about 11 inches long, tapered to a point over three inches of one end.  It
was pretty obvious that the action had never been taken out before.  I put
the dowel in the piano bench as it certainly served no purpose where it was.

  What would have this piece have been?  I don't think it was something
dropped in the piano by the owners..could be, but I don't think so.  It
looked like something left behind by the builders.

Any thoughts????

Ed Carwithen
Oregon