Venturing into HT

Jim Coleman, Sr. pianotoo@IMAP2.ASU.EDU
Mon, 22 Jun 1998 13:53:13 -0700 (MST)

Hi again Edward:

You can do an FAC calculation on a page of memory. Then referring to
page 41 of the current SAT manual, you can use the deviations of the Young
Well Temperament to turn this into an HT tuning. There are 2 notes of each
octave which you do NOT have to changed (A, and C#). check your math
carefully as you add in or subtract the amounts listed in the chart. You
must do this for each of the 88 notes if you have SAT I.

If you have a SAT III with MIDI interface to your computer and a Tuning
Program available from either Reyburn or Sandersons, you could program in
the deviations to a separate page of memory and then add or combine the two
in the computer and then copy back to the SAT.

With the new SAT III, you could set up a separate kind of temperament mini
page in memory to reflect these deviations for the Young. Then after
computing an FAC tuning for that particular piano, you can call up that
mini page of memory (12 notes) and those deviations will be applied to your
entire 88 note FAC tuning. Whenever a small "t" appears in the right
window, the SAT is combining a temperament deviation to the tuning in
regular memory. The SAT III does not require a computer program with the
interface to do this kind of change to a tuning program.

Jim Coleman, Sr.