Venturing into HT

Avery Todd atodd@UH.EDU
Mon, 22 Jun 1998 16:57:54 -0500 (CDT)

Hi Jim,

   OK, now. Don't rub it in for all the rest of us anxiously awaiting OUR
SAT III's. :-)

>If you have a SAT III with MIDI interface to your computer and a Tuning
>Program available from either Reyburn or Sandersons, you could program in
>the deviations to a separate page of memory and then add or combine the two
>in the computer and then copy back to the SAT.
>
>With the new SAT III, you could set up a separate kind of temperament mini
>page in memory to reflect these deviations for the Young. Then after
>computing an FAC tuning for that particular piano, you can call up that
>mini page of memory (12 notes) and those deviations will be applied to your
>entire 88 note FAC tuning. Whenever a small "t" appears in the right
>window, the SAT is combining a temperament deviation to the tuning in
>regular memory. The SAT III does not require a computer program with the
>interface to do this kind of change to a tuning program.

   This is a function of which I wasn't aware. It sounds great. Especially
now since I'm getting into doing HT's.

>Jim Coleman, Sr.

Regards,
Avery

P.S. Your post got out first. Was what I told Ed correct? Hope so.

Avery Todd, RPT
Moores School of Music
University of Houston
Houston, TX 77204-4893