Computer poll

Keith McGavern kam544@ionet.net
Tue, 23 Jun 1998 01:21:20 -0500 (CDT)

>1.      What type of computer do you have (Mac or IBM clone) and what
>additional
>hardware or peripherals do you use with it?

Macintosh Performa 550 (main desktop)
Apple Color Stylewriter 2500
Global Village Platinum 28K modem (external)
Iomega Zip Drive (external)
Altech Midi interface

Macintosh Performa 410 (BU desktop)
Apple Stylewriter II
Tandy Power Switching System

Macintosh 2400c Powerbook (laptop)
Newer Tech  Bookendz Docking Station
Global Village Powerport 56K modem card
(Just purchased: 6/20/98)

>2.      How long have you been making use of your computer for business
>purposes?

Since December 1993

>3.      When was the last time you upgraded your system?

Performa 550: 11/11/97, Performa 410: 9/23/96

>4.      If you use a word processing program, which one is it and what sort of
>things do you use it for?

Clarisworks 2.1
Chapter newsletters, price sheets, estimates, appraisals, inventory

>5.      Do you use your computer for bookkeeping? If so, what program do
>you use?

Clarisworks 2.0
Quicken 4.0
Peachtree 2.0

>6.      How do you keep track of customer records?

Clarisworks 2.1

>7.      Do you send reminders through your computer and, if so, how are these
>lists generated?

Sometimes...generated individually
Clarisworks 2.1

>8.      In addition to your computer files, do you also use index cards
>a/o paper
>records to carry with you into the customer's home?

No...I make a paper printout of the customer's record to take with me.

>9.      Do you use your computer for billing customers?  Do you print invoices?
>If so which program do you use for these activities?

No, I use pre-printed invoices.

>10.     Do you do such things estimates and  appraisals, etc. from your
>computer?  What program(s) do you use for such reports?

Yes.  Clarisworks 2.1

>11.     Do you publish a newsletter from your computer and what method do you
>use?

Published a newsletter last four years.  Clarisworks 2.1

>12.     Do you use a spread sheet for any of the above tasks?

Yes

>13.     Do you use a program for scheduling appointments a/o a Personal
>Information
>Manager?

No

>14.     Do you track shop work and tasks on your computer?

Yes

>15.     Can you think of any other valuable ways your computer has helped
>you in
>your piano service business?

Yes...Electronic communication via E-mail, Lists, Newsgroups, World Wide
Web, Stock Markets