Lacquer or Sanding Sealer Specifications

harvey harvey@greenwood.net
Tue, 23 Jun 1998 07:11:22 -0400

John, I see Jim Coleman has already responded to the lacquer, also  deserved
honorable mentions of lacquer sealer and the plastic/acetone mixture.

One of our popular and overused expressions here is: "Been there, done that".
In this case, because of where I live, I have similar supply problems as
you in
trying to find anything that's not in a piano supply catalog. Citing your
example, the manufacturers (or vendors) can neither address your needs, nor
are
you going to be a particularly worthwhile customer for them by buying a
pint or
quart of whatever you decide to buy. So, you're not exactly alone.

At 01:27 PM 6/23/98 +1000, you wrote:

> [cut]
> However, when I enquire with the lacquer manufacturers as to their product
> range, their first question is for what application.  They are immediately
> put of as soon as I have to explain the 'unusual' application and aren't
very
> helpful from that point onward. I understand that they don't want to be
> liable for any 'recommendation'.

Jim Harvey, RPT
harvey@greenwood.net