two puzzlers - (troubleshooting training:-)

Carl Root rootfamily@erols.com
Tue, 23 Jun 1998 12:38:49 -0400

First, a couple clues on the 'F's puzzle.

I counted 4, then 6, then 8, then settled on 7.

Write down the directions for the puzzle from memory.  Now go back and
see what they really are.

New puzzle #1

Mary has ten apples.  Jim doesn't have any.  How many apples does Mary
give to Jim such that at the end of the transaction, she will have nine
more than Jim?

New puzzle #2

Connect the dots using one continuous line that has three hinges in it.
You may not bend any of the line segments.
	*			*			*
	A			B			C

	*			*			*
	D			E			F

	*			*			*
	G			H			I

(You don't need the letters.  I've just included them to help you
describe which dots are included in each line segment.)

Carl