[Fwd: Letters F (Not Piano}]

John Ross piano.tech@ns.sympatico.ca
Tue, 23 Jun 1998 19:20:32 -0300

Carl Root wrote:

> John Ross wrote:
> > Read the following sentence and count the F's.
> >          FINISHED FILES ARE THE RE-
> >          SULT OF YEARS OF SCIENTIF-
> >          IC STUDY COMBINED WITH THE
> >          EXPERIENCE OF MANY YEARS.
>
>  By my analysis, the answer is: seven.
>
> I will defer to John to give the logic behind the solution when he sees
> fit.  However, I can't resist telling you that I came up with four
> different answers before I settled on seven.
>
> Carl
Carl and List,
I consider there to be only 6. I only got 5, the first time I tried, and
that was reading it twice.
I only found 2 people, that got all six, out of about 20.
Did any of you try it on others?
It is interesting that something so simple, could be missed by so many.
I wonder how many really did get them all first read.
Thank you for the responses.
See you in Providence.
Regards,
John M. Ross