Computer poll

DGPEAKE@aol.com DGPEAKE@aol.com
Tue, 23 Jun 1998 19:56:48 EDT

<<
 1.	What type of computer do you have (Mac or IBM clone) and what additional
 hardware or peripherals do you use with it?
           HP 266

 2.	How long have you been making use of your computer for business purposes?
           Since 1989

3.	When was the last time you upgraded your system?
           December 1997

 4.	If you use a word processing program, which one is it and what sort of
 things do you use it for?
          MS Word.  Use for letters and forms for my workshop.

 5.	Do you use your computer for bookkeeping? If so, what program do you use?
          I have an old database in DOS called Nutshell.  It tracks my
clientele, invoices, and income.  I use Quicken to track my expenses, and
Turbotax for taxes.

 6.	How do you keep track of customer records?
          My Nutshell database.

7.	Do you send reminders through your computer and, if so, how are these
 lists generated?
          I use the PTG reminder cards but also track and note when I send
them, and make sure no one was left out.

 8.	In addition to your computer files, do you also use index cards a/o paper
 records to carry with you into the customer’s home?
           No.  It is tracked on my invoice, tailored for the customers needs.

 9.	Do you use your computer for billing customers?  Do you print invoices?
 If so which program do you use for these activities?
            For billing customers yes.  Print invoices, yes.  Program is
Nutshell.

10.	Do you do such things estimates and  appraisals, etc. from your
 computer?  What program(s) do you use for such reports?
             My Nutshell program has a relational file for this.

11.	Do you publish a newsletter from your computer and what method do you
 use?
             Nothing for customers, maybe later.  I have published our Chapter
Newsletter using Printshop for the header.

12.	Do you use a spread sheet for any of the above tasks?
              I use a spreadsheet for a scaling format.

13.	Do you use a program for scheduling appointments a/o a Personal
 Information
 Manager?
              No.

14.	Do you track shop work and tasks on your computer?
              No.

15.	Can you think of any other valuable ways your computer has helped you in
 your piano service business?
              Once I have learned how to use one, I would not want to be
without one.
I am also in the process of converting to a different database that is year
2000 compatable, such as Access or Filemaker Pro.

 Jeannie Grassi, RPT
 jgrassi@silverlink.net
 Bainbridge Island, WA