historical vs. equal temperament

David Porritt dporritt@swbell.net
Wed, 24 Jun 1998 08:53:40 -0500

I promote the use of appropriate HTs here and offer to tune them.  I don't
really get any takers.  I'm glad I can do this.  Personally, I don't like
listening to HTs.  I have heard ET for 59 years, and the others just sound
"wrong" to me.  I admit it is just a personal preference not a value
judgement.  IMHO ET really is the final improved search for the ideal
temperament.

I also believe that there are key colors even in absolute ET.  I can't explain
how, but I hear it.  I've never been one to discount something simply because I
can't explain it.

dave

David M. Porritt, RPT
Meadows School of the Arts