Down on the Hitch Pin Web

Alan W Deverell aland@casa.co.nz
Thu, 25 Jun 1998 09:56:34 +1200

Bill, and others,

PS - for those NEW to this thread please read Bill's original quote
below first.

My pitch is:

It all depends upon whether there are, or are not, "carnivores" in the
"cavernous" dining hall where this 1901 Steinway B normally resides,
and, if there are, how many and upon what, or who, they have been
dining and how long ago since they dined:-)))

Moving the piano out of this "cavernous" environment and expecting to
re-condition the effects of years of this kind of exposure is bound to
provoke an identity crisis at the least. (Snapping, growling,
screaming and Images of a Jurassic Park for Pianos ? - Speilberg, a
comedy of terrible proportions exists here for your exploitation ?)

AlanD (from a land where there were Cannibals before there were Pianos
and where the Pianos now outnumber the Cannibals)