You've got questions? (was Piano Designers...)

Wed, 24 Jun 1998 20:44:31 -0500

Inimitable list,

>> Similarly, Heppe upright pianos said right on the plate that they
>> had three sound boards.  I only ever found one.  Where are the others?

I know I've never tuned a Heppe piano, so i couldn't remember why the name
sounded so darn familiar. Turns out I've seen that name for more than 50 yrs.

If it is J.C.Heppe and Son, then it's probably a stencil piano.  My floor
model Victrola has a label from the store of purchase inside the lid.

J.C. Heppe and Son, Philadelphia.

Only soundboard it has is mica and about 2"/50mm diameter.

I'm not near my piano atlas, who really made the pianos?

Conrad

Conrad Hoffsommer, RPT		hoffsoco@martin.luther.edu
Luther College Music Technician	pno2ner@salamander.com
Decorah, Iowa 52101		Voice 	(319)-387-1204
				Fax	(319)-387-1076

Oh wad some power the giftie gie us; to see oursel's as others see us!
It wad some monie a blunder free us, and foolish notion. - Robert Burns