Value of Currier grand

DaleP34429@aol.com DaleP34429@aol.com
Fri, 26 Jun 1998 10:58:52 EDT

In a message dated 6/25/98 8:26:53 PM EST,
jeschkea@cadvision.com@cadvision.com writes:

<< Dear List,

 I have a customer that wishes to sell a Currier grand and is interested
 in its value.  There are very few Currier pianos in Canada, so am
 requesting help from friends down south.

 I have a fair idea of its worth, but would like your input.  The piano
 has not been mistreated, and is in good condition.  Value can be given
 in U.S. dollars.

 With appreciation for your help,
 Al Jeschke RPT
 Calgary, Alberta

Al,

One of the dealers we service sold a couple of these pianos in the early 80's
before Currier was shut down. I am not sure what the list price was but the
actual selling price was just under $5,000 US. If the piano is in decent shape
I would suggest that $2,500- $3,000 US would be a reasonable asking price. As
Wim says, negotiate from there.

Best,

Dale Probst
Registered Piano Technician