I done a miracle

Edward Carwithen musicman@eoni.com
Sat, 27 Jun 1998 20:25:00 -0700

This is to Jim Coleman, but the rest of you can tune in.

I performed a miracle yesterday.  The very-hard-to-please lady with the
hard to tune Gulbransen is thrilled with her Marpurg tuning.

  Evidently, the guy (now deceased) who tuned her piano thirty years ago
used the Marpurg tuning (he said), and she hasn't liked the sound of
anything since.  I know that I have tried several times, and even done
Service calls to try to fix the intervals she felt were "sour."

  It to a LLOOONNNGGG time to get all the settings into the SAT (I don't
have the II, much less the III), but they worked well, and I have been
elevated, at least in her eyes (well, ears), to the status of "tuner
extraodinaire."

  Now if I could just pass my RPT exams....

Thanks so much for your help.

Ed
Ed Carwithen
Oregon