Tuning without a click...

Susan Kline skline@proaxis.com
Sun, 28 Jun 1998 13:51:10

Hello, Ed

I'm afraid I can't be much help: I tune one of these, about 4 years old,
and it's the best piano I regularly see. The pins certainly aren't jumpy,
but I can feel them okay, and the rendering is all right.

Has anyone else had Ed's experience with recent M&H BB's?

Susan Kline

At 04:33 PM 6/28/98 EDT, Ed wrote:
>Group,
>
>I have not posted to the group for some time.  I will try and post only
when I
>have something to add that hasn't been written about.
>
>I tune a Mason & Hamlin from, I believe, the Falcone years. (7 years old or
>so)
>
>The piano is a hard one to tune in that the pin block is spongy and doesn't
>feel as if the pin moves.  No click, no snap, no definite feel.  The piano
>sounds like a powerhouse.  When it is serviced it sounds great but I hate to
>tune it because it responds so different than any other piano I tune.  It
is a
>7 foot BB and it is in a large Baptist church and is played a lot but I want
>to hear from any of you that may have some technique that may get me
>through... I get there, but I feel it takes to long and it is a struggle
not a
>joy.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Ed Tomlinson
>Vancouver Wa

Susan Kline
P.O. Box 1651
Philomath, OR 97370
skline@proaxis.com

"The closest you will ever come in this life to an orderly universe is a
good library."
		-- Ashleigh Brilliant