Action mounted to rubber?

Newton Hunt nhunt@jagat.com
Mon, 29 Jun 1998 11:04:25 -0400

Hi, Wally,

Seems that you were bending the screw around and around and it finally
decided to quit and break.

If the hole in the plate is large enough there is a tool available from
some wood worker catalogs that is an screw extractor.  It is a hardend
steel tube, come is three sizes and you will need the smaller one, that
have saw teeth in the reverse direction, much like a jack spring reamer.

You chuck this up in your reversable drill and drill the hole where the
screw is and at some point it will grap the screw and turn it out.

You can likely get a replacement screw from APSCo.

I would then see if I can bend the action bracket  for a better
alignment, or try loosening the other three to see if you can get a none
stressed compromise.

                        Newton