Reverse Thread tuning pins

Jim Coleman, Sr. pianotoo@IMAP2.ASU.EDU
Mon, 29 Jun 1998 08:31:52 -0700 (MST)

Hi Rob:

This is not something new. The Lindner pianos made in Shannon, Ireland had
reverse tuning pin threads. This was designed by a company in Holland. For
some reason possibly related to age, I can't remember the designer's name.
He was way ahead of his time as an engineer, but he didn't have the tonal
concepts which most piano designers have.

Jim Coleman, Sr.