Corroded Balance Weights & Ehrbar

Alan W Deverell aland@casa.co.nz
Fri, 26 Jun 1998 23:07:48 +1200

Thanks Keith - bit of a deluge of information all mixed but looks like
this subject has had extensive discussion in the past - I never knew
that this search function was available - great resource. A more
powerful search engine would be needed to filter the exact
data/answers that I need - I'll just have to print out the likely ones
and go from there. Fortunately I have a FAST duplex printer.

Perhaps there is mention of special tools for removing and installing
?

I'm going to need some NEW leads (and some lacquer) and PVA glue.

Thanks again - this "Ehrbar" is a truly wonderful piano at least as
good as Yamaha C.. and other hand made concert series from Feruch
etc. - do you know this brand in USA ? - does the maker still exist ?
I have another one Identical but 1926 in the process of complete
restoration - design & scaling etc. does not seem to have changed.