"ad nauseum" {Pedantry Alert}

RptBob1 RptBob1@aol.com
Thu, 19 Mar 1998 17:19:42 EST

<<
 first-declension feminine noun in Latin, and "nauseam" is the accusative
 case, required by the preposition "ad". It means "to [the point of]
 nausea". There is no such word as nauseum.

 Likewise all those other borrowed latin phrases, "ad hominem" (not
 hominum) "in memoriam" (not memorium) ad infinitum..... >>

And I got jumped on for complaining about some spelling butchery on this list.
Touchy,touchy.

Thanks for the info- I was the one who started the "ad naseum" comments.
All my Latin came from Saturday Night Live.

Bob Bergantino, RPT
Cleveland, Ohio  (South Euclid)