Caster Cups -Reply

Carl Root rootfamily@erols.com
Thu, 07 May 1998 13:43:15 -0400

Barrie Heaton wrote:
> How thick are the pieces you use or do you just build it up level with
> the bracings Do you use any particular type of foam.

I used what Yamaha sent.  Maybe 4" thick, the same textured surfaces you
see in recording studios although I don't think it matters too much.
Cut slightly oversize for a friction fit flush with the back.

This was  model MX100A.  A conversion kit was available which apparantly
addressed this problem: model 100B, which sold for $185.  We opted for
the free foam and they're happy.

Carl