Bidding Restringing Job

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Wed, 30 Sep 1998 22:18:12 EDT

<< I may be getting my first re-stringing job for pay soon, and would
 appreciate some assistance on calculating the bid. I estimate that the
 bass strings are going to run just under $150. And while I haven't yet
 run the numbers, I can get a pretty good handle on how much my cost of
 the plain wire will be. Finally, I use Joe Garret's Repair Labor Guide
 to figure labor. Generally, I charge customers double my cost of parts
 and accessories. So, my question is, do you normally use this same
 markup for strings?

 Thanks for any and all advice.

Not only the plain and bass strings, but don't forget to add the tuning pins,
the understring felt, the damper felts, and maybe even that can of spray
laquer for the plate.

Willem Blees