Appelations and monikers

Richard Moody remoody@easnet.net
Wed, 30 Sep 1998 22:44:14 -0500

>From the esteemed author of "World Class Junk" in the renouned Piano
Technician's Journal comes,
	"Remember ..............................the
Melodigrand miniature?"

What synchronicity, I just tuned a Moldiegrunt, excuse me, Melodigrand
spinet.  It was SMALL, but it tuned better than expected.

Now regarding the questions about the line of Baldwin and monikers
suggesting royalty.  As regards to your inquiry as to how Acrasonic fits
into the line up, I say after Monarch. BUT there is also a line of
Baldwins (according to Pierce...disc "mid 30's") called Saint Regis. Regis
means "king" as in "regal" doesn't it?

You mentioned Crown. Never heard of it, but thanks to Pierce again it says
made by George P Bent. But I thought George Bent  played the judge in a
Three Stooges episode. The one where he says "Drop the venecular" and
Curley replies,"This ain't a venecular, its a derby" (referring to his
hat) (he prounced it doibe)      Oh never mind.....

Ric Atthedropofahat

----------
> From: Susan Kline <skline@proaxis.com>
> To: pianotech@ptg.org
> Subject: Re: Kranich and Bach Plate Crack
> Date: Tuesday, September 29, 1998 2:29 AM
>
> Ric and I traded comments:
>

> >> Okay, list, maybe someone can tell me: Have any of you come across
any
> >> piano with a name suggestive of royalty or named after a composer
that

> >Ahem, there is the Monarch,
>
> True, though it isn't up to the Crown .... nowhere near, in fact.
>
> >I was told they were rated highest to lowest, Ellington,
> >Hamilton, Howard, Monarch, and another.
>
> Where does Acrosonic fit into this lineup?
>
> >>or named after a composer that was
> >
> >I have just hauled home a Schuman upright,

.. I think Schumann might be considered an exception to my rule of