Weber vs. Young Chang?

VOCE88@AOL.COM VOCE88@AOL.COM
Thu, 1 Oct 1998 08:06:37 EDT

In a message dated 10/1/98 12:31:35 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
mercier@minnewaska.com writes:

> It's bothering me because I really don't know the any real difference except
>  that the scale design and plate are different.
>
>  Any opinions out there?

Hi Jay -

     In a sentence, that is the difference between the two pianos. But, if you
compare the basic specs. of both pianos, you will find that the piano with the
Young Chang name on it almost always has longer string length and more
soundboard sq.inches.
     Although I don't feel that this inherently makes a piano better, it IS
something concrete to talk about. In addition, it doesn't make sense to me
that a company would make on an OEM basis, (contract third party basis) a
better piano than their own.
     Just my 2 cents.

Richard Galassini
Cunningham Piano Co.