Is this normal procedure?

Susan Kline skline@proaxis.com
Thu, 01 Oct 1998 08:24:28

Hi, Phil

I think Zen covered this well, and I concur. However, what I would do is to
explain the time constraints to them ... what percentage of your time you
can reasonably give them without crippling your normal business, and how
many hours tuning their pianos will take you. Then multiply it out, and
tell them when you could finish their work. I would offer to be sure that
special needs are met, for instance, tunings for Christmas programs, or
tunings for teachers who are complaining, and ask them if finishing the
rest by "x-date" will be soon enough for them.

Probably the person suggesting the dates hasn't a clue as to how long it
takes to tune a piano, and isn't really in all that big a hurry to get them
done. Best to give them the information in a neutral, non-blaming way. I
think they'd freak right out if asked to pay more for rush work.

Good luck,

Susan