Is this normal procedure?

Newton Hunt nhunt@jagat.com
Fri, 02 Oct 1998 11:12:20 -0400

You said it, Les, much better than I.

I personally would not touch such a thing.  I would quote it at my
regular rate, less 20% with the stipulation that any and all repairs
will be made at your regular rate and at your discretion with a per
piano limit for repairs of $50.00 which will include pitch raising as
needed to produce a playable and listenable piano and the time
constraint removed.

Go look at as many pianos as you can to get an idea of exactly what you
are getting yourself into.

Make it quite plain that you are a full time piano technician and bid it
accordingly.  I would rather have less work than more work than I can do
at slave wages.

        Newton