Thanks to all..

Les Smith lessmith@buffnet.net
Fri, 2 Oct 1998 16:02:38 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 2 Oct 1998, Newton Hunt wrote:

> Phil wrote:
> Bottom Line folks..I DO NOT work cheap and WILL NOT sacrifice my name
> for the sake of work..I have plenty of work.
>
> Phil you must submit your bid with the above statement.  You will likely
> not get the job, but you may put some reality in the bidding process.

I think Newton may have left out a warning here. When you submit your
bid to do those pianos at your standard rates--less say %5 because of
the number involvced--it's probably a good idea not to cancel out all
your current work so you can stay right by the phone, waiting for it to
ring with the good news that you've won the contract. While they may,
indeed, decide to have your bid laminated in plastic and hung up on the
wall for all to see, it'll probably be a couple of weeks before they
stop laughing! :)

Les Smith