Piano asking price?

Ron Nossaman nossaman@SOUTHWIND.NET
Fri, 2 Oct 1998 18:25:34 -0500 (CDT)

Ok, I'll respond.

The piano will need rebuilt, of course, not just given some attention and a
pitch raise. It's worn out at that age, and Lord only knows what a
Herbrenson used for a player mechanism. I don't have a listing for it. If
the previous owner spent two years 'cleaning' it and got it to work in the
process, you can bet your great aunt Fanny that it not only needs rebuilt,
but needs at least $500 in disaster recovery to get it back to something
that *can* be rebuilt, if it's possible at all. That being the probable
case, you will be doing the guy a $300 favor by hauling it off.

You're welcome.

Ron

>I posted a short explanation about 3 days ago regarding a 1929 Herbrenson
>Player Piano.  There were no responses.  I'll try this again.
>
>The piano is a 1929 Herbrenson Player Piano in which the piano is in fair to
>under fair condition.  The action needs attention, the strings are rusty
>(enough to not raise the pitch without having an ulcer) and the pitch is a
>half step low.  The pins are tight, the player mechanism runs perfect and is
>in excellent condition due to the owner spending two years taking it apart
>and cleaning it.  This price would also include 200+ rolls of "old-time"
>music.
>
>I told him that the piano itself without the player would be worth around
>$100 - $200, depending on the buyer.  But I have no idea what the player
>mechanism is worth.  Can someone help me out?
>
>Jay

 Ron