Contests, or moot points, was Re: Another TUNE-OFF

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Sat, 3 Oct 1998 17:38:13 EDT

<< I am wondering about the 100 or so people that will show up with home run
 ball #70.  I mean how the heck will THEY (the ones offering mega $'s for
 THE BALL) are gonna be able to know which one really was the ONE ? I
 suppose if the dna experts can really detect from finger prints, the
 pitcher, what's his name, will have a few of his on it.... I would really
 laugh if it came from saliva.....

Every time Mark McGwire came up to bat, the ball boys gave the unpire
specially marked balls. Each ball had an infrared emblem stamped on it. The
guy who caught the ball was surrounded by security officers the minute he had
it, and they took him to the Cardinal office, where they verified the ball,
and stamped it as official.

Willem