Yamaha G3 Bass question

Steve Pearson SPearson@yamaha.com
Tue, 06 Oct 1998 13:04:08 -0700

Personally, I don't have a clue.  I'll ask around, and see if I find out anything.
Steve

>>> Avery Todd <atodd@UH.EDU> 10/06/98 12:26PM >>>
Steve,

   Since we're on a 'bass string' subject anyway, I'd like to ask what the
purpose is of the crimping that Yamaha bass strings have on the tail end.
Many years ago, I remember being told that that was to eliminate the need
to put a twist in the bass strings. Any validity to this? Just curious.

Avery

>In my opinion, there is no reason to apologize.  This was an opportunity
>to explore the available options, and clarify a few points.  It is
>gratifying when folk of differing opinions can come together in a forum
>and share their knowledge in a civilized manner.  It can only help us all.
>That is what this whole list is about.
>Steve

Avery Todd, RPT
Moores School of Music