Looking for info......

Robert micand@ccp.com
Tue, 06 Oct 1998 20:53:58 -0500

Dear Piano Technicians:

My name is Robert Brainerd and I live in St. Joseph, MO. I have been a
band director for the last 17 years and  was diagnosed with lymphatic
cancer about three years ago.

Needless to say that complicated my life plans in a big way, but I truly
believe that I am going to survive this. Due to some radical surgeries
and some very tough treatment however, my health and endurance are not
at all what they were before the cancer.  I just can't physically keep
up with pace and drive needed to maintain a successful band program.  I
have been a musician my entire life and would like to stay in the field.

Piano tuning as a professional is very appealing to me and I would like
to get started. I currently attend the Piano Technicians Guild meetings
in Kansas City and have bought a used piano for "lab" work and a book on
tuning and servicing by Arthur Reblitz. Trying to find a mentor has been
nearly impossible, and I can understand that.

I am writing to ask if any of you might have some suggestions that could
help me along my new journey.  Also, if anyone has any materials, or
courses in piano tuning that they would not mind re-selling to me,
provided they are no longer in need of them.

Any response from you would be greatly appreciated, and I look forward
to hearing from some of you soon.

Yours sincerely,
Robert Brainerd