VTD tune-off [long]

David Porritt dporritt@swbell.net
Wed, 07 Oct 1998 16:26:40 -0500

Kent:

I enjoied reading your posting about the different methods of making a
tuning file with the SAT and the RCT.  I don't mean to pick on the GH1
either, but it is the most dramatic example of scaling problems that can
trip up an ETD.

This is one of the main reasons I like TuneLab.  With no "automatic"
tuning generator (that I know would tempt me to use it) I have to set up
a tuning file using aural style procedures.  The first time I tune a
piano with a scale I don't have a file for, I do have to use my ears,
and the measurement tools available.  However, the next time when I just
call up the file and tune, I'm very comfortable with the result I'll
get.

dave

--

David M. Porritt, RPT