Breaking Strings

DaleP34429@AOL.COM DaleP34429@AOL.COM
Thu, 8 Oct 1998 00:33:41 EDT

In a message dated 10/7/98 7:16:42 PM CST, kam544@earthlink.net writes:

<< >...Kelly said that "Strings break, but technicians do not break
strings"...
 >Regards,
 >Ed Foote

 It's true strings break on their own, but they also break if you're on the
 wrong tuning pin and aren't paying attention.  Been there at least once.

 Keith McGavern >>

Ed & Keith,

Thanks Ed for mentioning Kelly.

Keith, the operative word being technician. Paying attention is part of my
definition of technician. Of course, I have eluded the definition myself
occasionally!

Re: customers

Another wise man from the South Central Region, Jimmy Gold, told me that you
never lose a customer. Clients come and go but customers stay with you year in
and year out. If someone leaves because of price, they really were not your
customer. They were just employing you until a lower price arrived.

To paraphrase: All clients bring happiness. Some by staying. Some by leaving.

Dale Probst
Registered Piano Technician
Ward & Probst, Inc.
Piano & Organ Service