drop action, action bracket screw removal

Roger Jolly baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca
Fri, 09 Oct 1998 16:42:06 -0600

Hi Frank,
             I've never had one that would not come out with a socket, but
hundreds that a broad bladed screw driver would not budge.  The odd
stubborn one hit the top of the of the socket wrench with a hammer, the
shock seems to help.
Regards Roger

At 03:07 PM 09/10/98 -0400, you wrote:
>I was working on a Hamilton spinet today.  I needed to remove the
>drop-action.  Well...I couldn't budge any of the bracket screws that
>attached the bracket to the paino.
>
>Often, these screws are tough to get out, but I could not get even the
>slightest bit of movement on any of the screws.
>
>I tried liquid wrench...no help.
>
>I did not have s socket wrench with me, justs screwdrivers and a
>crescent wrench.  I didn't try too hard with the wrench, for fear of
>damaging the screw head.
>
>I've never had this problem before....and I take lots of drop-actions
>out of pianos.  Any other ideas other than drilling?
>--
>
>Frank Cahill
>Associate Member
>Northern Va