[Fwd: Crystal Music Company]

Ron Nossaman nossaman@SOUTHWIND.NET
Fri, 9 Oct 1998 23:50:44 -0500 (CDT)

Claude Rains piano sales. Cute, if hard to dust. That deep layer of toxic
fluff that accumulates on the bracing beams could test your finely honed
piano cleaning skills. Could be a little tough to spot in the corner with
the mirrors until enough dust accumulates to define the outline adequately.
Pictures on the lid would appear to be levitating. Recommend dark goggles
and gauze wrapping for all the relatives in same. Spooks the maid somp'n
fierce. Approach the piano cautiously, hands extended in front, for the
first year or so until you learn to squint just right. At least it shouldn't
be too hard to locate the paper clips on the soundplastic, hiding under the
plate amongst the dust. Loose rib and perimeter glue joints should be pretty
easy to diagnose too, wouldn't you think? Shimming the cracks in the board
might give someone a little trouble someday though if someone happens to
drop a brick on it at some point. I couldn't see the bridges in the
pictures. Do you suppose??? Somehow, I think an invisible bridge with all
those lethal looking pins going in all directions would terrify more
customers than it would enthrall. Then again, maybe it would finally end the
insistence of 'seating' strings on the bridge as the potentially universal
cure for every conceivable sound production problem encountered in pianos.
That is, if you were out of CA. It might actually scare the techs off too.
Couldn't hurt. I'd love to hear how this hummer sounds. How do you suppose
the sale ad would read? Any marketing claims contrary to what is visibly
obvious would be dismissed as crudely transparent. Seems to be doomed at the
outset from that perspective doesn't it? If it were Lexan, it would be
unbreakable too. That's about three pages worth that I'm really not up to
right now, so I won't pursue it. Also, would leaving it in direct sunlight
risk setting the carpet on fire? How about Toccata and Fugue in D minor,
with refraction? Maybe there are some solar heating concerns here as well.
Hmmm, could we perhaps get a RCT version with a built in refraction index
compensator, or are y'all sceptical enough to see through all this?

Just checkimg, Ron

>List,
>
>Thought there might be some who would be interested in this site which showed
>up on rec.music.makers.piano newsgroup.  It is quite interesting.
>
>>Crystal Grand Piano
>> http://www.crystal-music.com
>> Mr Peter Tol   Managing Director  (Designer)
>>Netherlands
>--
>Keith McGavern

 Ron