Keyweights and moment of inertia

Jon Page jpage@capecod.net
Sat, 10 Oct 1998 07:17:06 -0400

Richard,
A playing technique which improved my playing was the approach to
creating dynamics. Getting away from 'how hard' one plays, to 'how
fast' one depresses the key. Volume controlled by speed of key decent
has given my playing more colour. I learned this from someone who
studied with Tobias Mattay/ey/ais (sp?).

How this relates to your post is unclear as it is too early in the morning
(mid coffee) but somewhere in there it has relevance.
I'll probably think of it later.

Jon Page