Price of Bechstein B and C

Robert Goodale Robert.Goodale@NAU.EDU
Mon, 12 Oct 1998 09:24:38 -0700

David Skolnik wrote:

> To: Pianotech
> Subject: Price of Bechstein B and C
>
> List-
>
> Can  anyone tell me or guide me to a source for a market quote for a
> Bechstein C and B, approximately 12 years old, both in very good condition?
> There is probably someone in New York that I've just forgotten about, but
> I thought I might ask.  The current ownership and distribution structure of
> Bechstein is also unclear to me.  Anyone know?

My Ancott directory is a bit old but so is your Beckstein. According to
my 1995 edition a mocel 'C' runs about $88,000.00.  A model 'B' averages
around $75,000.00 depending on several finishes available. These of
course are suggested retail so you can probably knock off an additional
couple thousand from there. I would then subtract two or three thousand
more for the age. That should get you pretty close.

Rob Goodale, RPT