stuck steinway grand keyslip

ARTHUR CHICKERING chikring@midcoast.com
Mon, 12 Oct 1998 17:56:13 -0400

Dear Pianotech List,

I have a customer with a Steinway Grand ( 6'10") with a keyslip I cannot =
seem to remove.I am afraid to use anything between the piano and the =
keyslip to pry it up.It has a new black finish.I think the wood has =
swelled from the moisture we enjoy here along the coast of Maine.
Is there a special technique I can use to remove this stuck keyslip.
This is my first time on the list .Your help would be greatly =
appreciated.