TUNING MASON & HAMLIN UPRIGHT

Rob Stuart-Vail rob_sv@email.msn.com
Mon, 12 Oct 1998 22:03:57 -0400

Arthur,

This has been a problem for me in past - right now I only have one M&H =
SS client.  I have to actually de-tune a string occasionally, to get the =
screw into a position which will allow the wrench to go onto an adjacent =
screwhead.  I've also used a long, slim socket (like a nut-driver) to do =
the job.

By the way,  I also mark the middle screw of each unison with red nail =
polish (which of course wears off before long)....but it helps me keep =
focused on what's happening.

Rob Stuart-Vail
-----Original Message-----
    From: ARTHUR CHICKERING <chikring@midcoast.com>
    To: pianotech@ptg.org <pianotech@ptg.org>
    Date: Monday, October 12, 1998 8:39 PM
    Subject: TUNING MASON & HAMLIN UPRIGHT
   =20
    DEAR LIST,   =20
    =20
    I HAVE TO TUNE A MASON & HAMLIN SCREWSTRINGER UPRIGHT , BUT SOMEONE =
HAS REMOVED THE WRENCH FROM THE PIANO.I HAVE A WRENCH FROM SCHAFF, BUT =
THERE IS NOT ENOUGH ROOM TO GET THE WRENCH ON SOME OF THE NUTS.DOES =
ANYONE HAVE A SOLUTION FOR THIS PROBLEM OR KNOW WHERE I CAN GET ONE OF =
THE ORIGINAL T-WRENCHES?
    =20
    THANKS,
    =20