Birdcage

PIANOGUY jkinnear@pianoguy.com
Tue, 13 Oct 1998 20:05:23 -0400

I'd have to agree with Bill on this!
Yes, the 'cage a folly' are an absolute bugger to tune, however the
( thankfully) few customers of mine who have them, are DELIGHTED
when I make them sound better.
These folks are not fools, and understand the difference,
with my help over the years , between a fine musical instrument,
and 'their' historical piano.
They don't expect it to sound like, nor hold a tune like a S'n'S.
Interestingly, the cabinets of these pianos are in darn fine shape,
several with burled veneers, and intricate parquet / inlays.
Too bad the science of piano design hadn't progressed as far as the
furniture skills.
I think our 'calling' should extend to this type of instrument/ customer

Jim Kinnear, The Pianoguy
www.pianoguy.com
jkinnear@pianoguy.com