2 pedal Yamaha

Roger Jolly baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca
Wed, 14 Oct 1998 09:21:55 -0600

HI David,
              I bought 3 off shore Yamaha grands, and ended up completely
repinining and stringing, replacing dampers, hammers, shanks and rebushing
the keys. Most of the units that I have seen will NOT last through a prarie
winter, without giving serious problems.
My advice be very carefull, check the dealership to see if they will stand
behind the warranty  if any, if the dealer is not prepared to give a full
parts and labour warranty for at least 2 years, tell your client that it is
not such a good deal.
Regards Roger

At 09:41 AM 13/10/98 -0700, you wrote:

>List
>
>One of my customers has ask my opinion concerning the purchase of a 2 pedal
>Yamaha G series grand that a dealer is offering her at a very attractive
>price.  I told her that I thought they were used pianos imported here by
>individuals that were originally sold to the over
>seas market. I haven't heard positive comments regarding these pianos but I
>haven't personally seen any of them and would appreciate comments from other
>techs who have.  Thanks.
>
>Dave Severance
>Dept. of Music and Theater Arts
>Washington State University