Electramatic player

Ron Nossaman nossaman@SOUTHWIND.NET
Wed, 14 Oct 1998 17:21:25 -0500 (CDT)

Hi Clyde,

I've always suspected they threw these 'player' actions in the pianos to
sneak them out of the factory to get them the hell out from under foot in
the first place. Kimball, Aeolian ('Standard', though not the original), and
Wurlitzer all competed for a re-definition of 'wretched' by the example of
their product. These wheezers were all still-born on the drawing board and
weren't noticeably improved by whatever arbitrary re-engineering they
enjoyed on the factory floor during production. The world will be a brighter
place when these are finally gone.

BTW, is there any way you can chuck the piano too? 'Artist spinit' is
somewhat of an oxymoron, you know.

JMNSHO, Ron

>Friends:
>
>A high school I service has in one of its practice rooms a 1977 Kimball
>"Artist Spinet" with a non-working Electramatic player.  Since I hate
>trying to tune looking over or under this thing, would it be wrong of me
>to suggest they let me remove the player action and chuck it?  Is there
>enough value in this PSO to try to keep everything intact?  I suppose it
>was a donated piano, and of course even without the player, it is what
>it is.  :-(
>
>Clyde Hollinger

 Ron